Can't add my location as favorite

Once or twice it has worked but usually it doesn't. When I try to save "my location" as a favorite the unit will ask me to name the location and says it's saved but when I try to navigate to the saved favorite it tells "me no route found". What's the deal?

saved favorite

once you save your location to your favorite, once you move away from that location and then try to navagate to this favorite it should work. You must move away from this spot in order to navagate their. Good luck

Very likely you were a few feet off a mapped road. Once your TT displays your position as being off the road, you can't save the spot as a navigatable favorite. Your only choice is saving it as a custom POI, only a little more involved.

If you're not on a road, in the middle of a mall parking lot for instance, that spot can be saved as a favorite, but because there are no roads to that spot, the unit cannot navigate back here. that's why you see the "no route found" warning.

the times that it has worked, you must have been on or very close to a road.

same thing with a custom POI. If it's located off a road you cannot navigate back to it. when marking your favorites, just make sure you mark a spot on the road near the location.

Last edited:
That's not exactly correct with a poi. I've successfully saved a couple of different off-road locations by creating a custom poi rather than a favorite and navigated to them.

That's not exactly correct with a poi. I've successfully saved a couple of different off-road locations by creating a custom poi rather than a favorite and navigated to them.

I agree with this. I marked my work location as a Favorite. It's in a parking lot well off the road. But, I couldn't get a route to it.

I then added it to a list of POI's. Exact same location, and no problem getting a route to it. One 125 says I have reached my destination as I get to the spot on the road where I turn into the parking lot, but the POI is shown correctly where I park, which is a couple hundred yards off and away from the road.

I've also tested this with some other POIs I've created.

Ask a Question