Can't seem to add favourites, icon dimmed and non responsive.

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by Camelopardalis, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Camelopardalis

Camelopardalis

Hi all,

I searched the forums for an answer before posting but couldn't find my problem.

As the title says, the fav's icon is dimmed and nothing happens when I click on it. I read the manual and sure it tells me how to add a fav, but I can't get into the fav's menu to start with. No doubt it's somthing stupid I am missing so if anyone could point me in the right direction or remove the blinkers off my eyes it would be appreciated.

Camelopardalis, Feb 28, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Camelopardalis

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    If on page 2 of the main menu, the Add Favourite is dimmed, try a pin reset. If that doesn't work, then download and try the Clear Flash tool from here and if that doesn't work, then try the restore to factory defaults.

dhn, Feb 28, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Camelopardalis

Camelopardalis

Thanks for replying, I did wonder if a reset was warrented, I will give it a go. Cheers for the link also, will let you know.

Camelopardalis, Feb 28, 2009
  4. Camelopardalis

Camelopardalis

Hi again, I am sorry it has taken so long to reply! I had some other difficulties with the charging the unit, and from what I read the Tom Tom should be fully charged before performing a reset.

Anywho, I did a factory reset from the menu, plus a pin reset and now the favourite funtion is working fine.

So thanks for the reply and apologies for my tardy response!

Cheers.

Camelopardalis, May 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question