Can't access destination by postcode

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
I have a Tom Tom One and have just recently updated my United Kingdom and ROI map, and am now unable to access destinations using the full post code. (I can get the first 4 digits, ie CA13, but not the last 3). The only way I can do it is type in the full address which I often don't have. Has anyone any idea how to repair this fault, as I had all the facilities before updating.
:confused:

Can you pinpoint the location for placing the zip folder please

If it is placed on the PC how is it transferred to the unit (GO 950 Live).

Use Explorer (or Finder if a Mac) and extract the contents of the zip file to a folder on the unit called zip. If one doesn't currently exist in the root of the unit, then create the folder called zip and then extract the contents of the downloaded file to it.

Use WinRar if a pc, and I think stuffit for a Mac.

Thank You for the prompt reply.

I opened Tom Tom Home 2 in programme files and put the folder there, will the unit recognise it from there?

Home 2 is not involved.

The folder (zip) goes on the unit, not on the computer. The zip folder on the unit goes in the root of the unit.

Is that what you meant? If not, then please do so for the postal code files within the downloaded file to work.

I believe for that model everything must be on the sd card. So, in that case, yes, the zip folder would go onto the sd card.

Ask a Question