Can I update only one of my maps

I have a One XL with maps of UK and Western Europe. I want to update my UK map but will not need the Western Europe updated for some time.If I download the UK map does this replace my existing map and will it affect or overwrite the European one as well

I don't see a XL model that has BOTH UK and WE maps included. Did you get both legitimately from TomTom?

If so (and I just am not aware of your model) then you can just update the UK map without affecting the other map on the unit.

It was bought as a Tom Tom Approved refurb and came with the western europe map obvoiusly inc UK so not aware it was not legitimate

It will work out much cheaper for you to join the Map Update scheme where you will be able to update your existing European map four times over the next 12 months as updates are released each three months.

The European map contains the same road coverage as the UK&ROI map so I see little point in adding the UK map to the device as you will have to purchase it which will cost nearly as much as the map update scheme - If I were you I would simply update the Western_Europe map using Map Update scheme to save money - Mike

Ask a Question