Can I get my Tomtom to communicate with Tracklogs?

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, so apologies if it isn't!

I am trying to figure out if it is possible in any way to get an itinerary created in Tracklogs software into my Tomtom One XL?

The reason I want to do this is so that I can map out an itinerary including byways. These don't appear on the Tomtom maps of course, but it would be great to string a route together where the Tomtom just picks back up at the end of one byway and takes over navigation to the start of the next one.

I've tried creating itineraries directly in the Tomtom, but it would take hours to enter in all the geographical coordinates of the points where byways leave roads, whereas I can do the whole thing in a few minutes on the OS maps in Tracklogs.

Happy to pay for any third party software that might make this work.

Tracklogs can export in a variety of formats (gpx. mxf, rxf etc) but I can't find a way of converting these to a Tomtom ini format, which I assume is what I need?

The TomTom requires an itinerary file in the type .itn the best way to do this is using "tyre" which is one of the easiest applications to use, you can download it for free from Here - Mike

Ask a Question