Calls

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535M Live
Anyone have trouble when making or receiving calls and the other party not able to hear you?

I mainly bought this unit for this newly added feature as well as text to speech... but it's useless and I barely use it as everyone always says they cannot hear me

Any tips or something I'm missing? :confused:

With all Tomtom's I've had, the microphones aren't very sensitive. I usually have to speak loud when I'm on bluetooth calls or give voice commands.

I speak loud but not screaming, like I'm giving a presentation to a room of 20 people without a microphone.

With all Tomtom's I've had, the microphones aren't very sensitive. I usually have to speak loud when I'm on bluetooth calls or give voice commands.

I speak loud but not screaming, like I'm giving a presentation to a room of 20 people without a microphone.
Oh well -- thanks for answering anyway - glad I'm not the only one - just sucks - think they'd improve it by now

This problem has nothing to do with the microphone.. In fact, the microphone is quite good on the 2000 series TomTom's

I think you might be referring to an unresolved software glitch to the bluetooth speakerphone feature. When the 200 series TomTom's were first released, their early software allowed a bluetooth phone pairing with -no problems- in speakerphone mode..

A short time later, a software update cause a problem with the bluetooth speakerphone feature which puts your conversation into a 'mute' mode as soon as the GPS processes an update or change of direction.. The bluetooth speakerphone feature 'will' work without interruption so long as you 'do not' set a destination of any kind - which is pretty pointless since thats what your GPS is for..

There have been several software updates to the 2000 series TomTom's since this problem started.. None of them have fixed the issue and it is one of my biggest disappointments / letdowns with my new TomTom..

Whatever TomTom did to screw up the bluetooth speakerphone feature -PLEASE FIX IT- it has been broken for way too long..

Interesting! But seems odd we've never heard of this before....
Where did you learn about it, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't checked the forums for a few days..

The bluetooth connectivity problem is not new.. It has been discussed in previous forum posts. Specifically:

Tomtom Go 2435 Bluetooth Problem
[work around] 2535 Bluetooth Drops Audio

Both of those forum entries are currently on page '5' in this forum listing.

It does not matter which phone you use. The problem occurs with any bluetooth connection.. The speaker will mute once the GPS attempts to process a direction (like when it would normally speak and/or 'beep' while you were connected to a call).

Your phone call stays connected, but you will not hear a thing..

The bluetooth feature -absolutely- worked in early version of the 2XXX software.. I know because I used the speakerphone feature constantly when I first bought my Tomtom GO 2505 back in December 2010.. A short while later a software update for the GPS caused this problem and has not been fixed ever since..

Hope this helps.

The issue you referenced was a bug introduced in app 10.100, on the GO 2505. I thought it was resolved in app 10.500.

It also occured on the launch app 10.051 of the GO 2535, but I thought it was resolved in app 10.058.

I haven't seen complaints on the new app. Are you still having problems with the latest app 10.501?

It would seem the bug is still active.. I tried making several phone calls after the latest software release on my GO 2505.. I have been very prudent to update my 2505 as soon as a new release is available.

I will be happy to check the version installed on my unit to confirm and run one additional test.

I'll update you this weekend with my results.

My apologies for the late follow up to my previous message.

My current app version for my Go 2505 is: 10.501.739168.74

As of this version, the bluetooth speakerphone issue is still a problem :(

I noticed there is one new update pending on MyTomTom that I have not installed yet.

I'll test the latest update as well to see if the problem is resolved. This issue has to be fixed sometime..

Ask a Question