Called TT and got the 885 map update under the 30 day rule

TomTom Model(s)
One (30 Series)/125/130 (512 MB) and XXL Classic - 2GB TTS
I rang TT today to ask if I could have the new 885 map under the 30 day rule. Thanks to the site moderators I new the 885 map of Western Europe had come out but I was still only being offered the 880 map.

I phoned TT today and I was put through to a very nice lady who it turns out was from New Zealand and working in Amsterdam. After resolving a couple of e-mail address connection problems with my xxl Classic she updated Home to show the 885 map.

It downloaded, using a wired connection in 15 mins + the file copying, it took about 45 mins in all. After suffering an hour wifi download of UK and Ireland maps on my One (30 series) for the next map update I used a wired connection and it only took about 10 mins to download.

At the moment I am doing a Windows copy to my computer so that's about a £45 map update saved, well worth the phone call. :)

They were good when I last had to use them (two years ago), glad they still understand the meaning of "Customer service".

Ask a Question