Button Tones?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
I'm just curious, I don't see it in the manual but is there a way to make the TT1 make a sound when you press a/any button? i.e. when you click on navigate or done it makes a little beep

This is not the definitive answer, but I really don't think there's a way to do this.

what it really needs also, is a "beep before talking" mode. sometimes when it starts to say something, I am not paying attention. if it beeped before it spoke, it would be a way to get my attention so I could listen.

what it really needs also, is a "beep before talking" mode. sometimes when it starts to say something, I am not paying attention. if it beeped before it spoke, it would be a way to get my attention so I could listen.

Yes, that would be cool. Is there a form we can send feedback to in order to include this in the next firmware update?

I.. is there a way to make the TT1 make a sound when you press a/any button?
No, there isn't. Fanchee is correct.

Personally, I think that it would very, very annoying. Why do you want it to beep?

what it really needs also, is a "beep before talking" mode. sometimes when it starts to say something, I am not paying attention.
Also not possible. But, if you miss an instruction you can just tap the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and the last instruction given will be repeated.

No, there isn't. Fanchee is correct.

Personally, I think that it would very, very annoying. Why do you want it to beep?

Also not possible. But, if you miss an instruction you can just tap the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and the last instruction given will be repeated.

Thats too bad. I was just comparing it to the Garmin GPS units where it would beep for every button pressed. I think its handy because when you're on the road you want to know you pressed a button sort of like when you're dialing a number on your cell phone.

I saw a clip of the garmin doing that. I thought that was annoying and was glad TomTom didn't do that.

I can understand this being handy when typing something in, like an address but not scrolling through each page or so.

Ask a Question