Browse Map

Does this feature work properly? Occasionally it seems to work, meaning that I can drag the map around to see areas that were off screen but other times it just seems to go "haywire" and invoke some other function.
Is there some kind of technique that I am supposed to do to get it to work. For instance, many times, rather than moving the map, I just end up changing the cursor position.
Other times, I end up back on some menu.

Does this feature work properly? Occasionally it seems to work, meaning that I can drag the map around to see areas that were off screen but other times it just seems to go "haywire" and invoke some other function.
Is there some kind of technique that I am supposed to do to get it to work. For instance, many times, rather than moving the map, I just end up changing the cursor position.
Other times, I end up back on some menu.
To move the map, drag your finger across the screen. Every place you touch it, it will move the cursor to that point.

To move the map, drag your finger across the screen. Every place you touch it, it will move the cursor to that point.

It moves the cursor but not really the map. I also get very strange happenings.
The screen changes to some unrelated function like Turn off map display.

The touch screen seems to be working correctly for other functions so I don't think that is defective. It just seems to be that feature.

It moves the cursor but not really the map. I also get very strange happenings.
The screen changes to some unrelated function like Turn off map display.

The touch screen seems to be working correctly for other functions so I don't think that is defective. It just seems to be that feature.
Does that happen when you're trying to drag close to the bottom buttons?

Does that happen when you're trying to drag close to the bottom buttons?

Not really. It just seems to be completely wacky. But it's the only thing where the touch screen seems weird.

How do you differentiate between moving the cursor and moving the map? How does the system know which one you are trying to do?

Not really. It just seems to be completely wacky. But it's the only thing where the touch screen seems weird.

How do you differentiate between moving the cursor and moving the map? How does the system know which one you are trying to do?
It's the difference between a tap, and a drag. Any time you tocuh the screen it will put the cursor on that point which you touch, but if you hold your finger down and drag, the map will move...

Do you have a screen protector on it? I've heard stories about putting a screen protector on it, and it causing issues with the sensitive touch...

No. Not unless it came with the one with the graphics and another one. It doesn't look like it though. (I once had a protective layer on my microwave oven and didn't realize it was there. Thought it was just poor workmanship)

I have this experience too...

When browsing maps and dragging across the screen, I often wind up on a menu screen. It's very frustrating. I believe I had the same experience with my TT 910 back when.:(

The tip of the finger is a pretty poor stylus. often when you get close to the edge of the screen while dragging, especially the bottom, you hit the spot which brings up other screens.

try a stylus and you'll see it works much better, however not very functional....

Stylus

:eek:
Yes, I suspect it is the clumsy nature of the finger-as-stylus. However, a stylus, per se, is most certainly not the safest solution!

:eek:
Yes, I suspect it is the clumsy nature of the finger-as-stylus. However, a stylus, per se, is most certainly not the safest solution!

I carry a stash if Q-Tips in my truck for just this purpose! They make a great stylus and do not scratch the screen. They are generly pretty safe to keep in your pocket too!. Unfortunatly when my TT 1XL is mounted on my motorcycle, I am not coordinated enough to ride and handle a Q-Tip to work my TT. I still carry one in my riding gear to use when stopped though!:rolleyes:

I carry a stash if Q-Tips in my truck for just this purpose! They make a great stylus and do not scratch the screen. They are generly pretty safe to keep in your pocket too!. Unfortunatly when my TT 1XL is mounted on my motorcycle, I am not coordinated enough to ride and handle a Q-Tip to work my TT. I still carry one in my riding gear to use when stopped though!:rolleyes:
LOL! Now when I see a guy riding a motorcycle swabbing his handlebars with a Q-tip, I'll know what the heck he's doing!!! :D

LOL! Now when I see a guy riding a motorcycle swabbing his handlebars with a Q-tip, I'll know what the heck he's doing!!! :D

I tried using a q-tip, while sitting on my sofa, and it worked much better.
At least I know it's not a defective touch screen.
Must just be my pudgy fingers.

Last edited:

Ask a Question