Browse Map trouble

I just purchased a TomTom Go 910 last Wednesday and I have been having a blast setting it up and using it around town. It is everything that I wanted in a GPS navigation unit for my vehicle. It is updated to the latest version 6.525 and works pretty much exactly how I expect it, with one exception.

The Browse Map user interface changes on me and I do not understand the cause. Some times it shows as expected with a zoom bar on the right and Options, Find, Crosshair and Done buttons. These buttons are a gray color. At other times, the zoom bar is gone and it only has two green buttons that say Options and Done. I have found no apparent reason or cause for this change yet. In fact, before I started typing this message up the zoom bar was missing and then I went back into Browse Map and it was back again. I did not even do anything with the UI, I just left it on the primary navigation screen for a bit while I typed the introduction to this message.

I was curious if anyone else had seen this or could explain why it does it and how to get the zoom bar back when it disappears?

I sometimes come across some oddities when using my unit. For instance, when I change voices, the test button disappears (happened twice). I did a soft reset and it hasn't acted that way since.

Try doing a soft reset - Link

Ask a Question