browse map question

Wonder if anyone can help.
When I am in a route during navigation, I want to scroll the map manually to look at the area. If I choose Browse Map from the menu, I usually get displayed themap of my home area, not the map of my current location. Sometimes..after quite a while..the current map finally appears if I keep selecting Browse Map.
Is there a way to just browse the map of the current area?

Hello and welcome.
On the top right corner there, press on the cursor and it will show you ur current position and not home. Keep pressing this to update it as you move along.

To take this one step further...is there a way to browse the map a preset distance from your current position on the route? For instance when my wife and I were driving we knew we would want to fill up in x miles but didn't know where there would be service stations. Is it possible to skip up the route and start looking for services you want?

When you're in the browse map option. Select Find and it will bring you up to another menu. Select point of interest or whatever you would like. Then it will ask you the same as you would navigate to an POI. When you select what you want, it will be displayed on the map. Hope this is what your asking for.

I did try something similar where I asked it to find POI's along the route but the problem was getting it to ignore the POI that were say <100 miles away. Like I mentioned we knew we would want to fuel up in say 100 miles but if you are in a fairly developed area the search for POI's along the route may only show 30 miles out before it exceeds teh max number of points. It isn't a major deal, just thought it would be nice if I could get it to skip ahead so to speak.

When you're browsing the map, drag the map forward along the road to some distance ahead. Touch the road ahead to place the round cursor there. Touch the round cursor icon at the bottom of the map (next to Find button) and you will get the option to find a POI near the cursor.

Thanks....that is close to what I was looking for, just wish I had a better sense of how far something really is...I always seem to underestimate the time to teh next rest area and the wife gets cranky sometimes

Ask a Question