Botched TripMaster Installation

So I tried installing Tripmaster onto my ONE XL and it has totally hosed up my navigation unit.

The install left two folders on the unit (New Folder and Tripmaster) that are filled with junk that I've never seen before and apparently have humongous file sizes.

I'm trying to delete these from the One XL using Windows Explorer, but the computer keeps giving me the error of "Connot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk."

Kind of odd, since Explorer can open the directory and tell me the (bogus) contents.

Anyway, the Tom Tom is now acting up and is stuck in a reboot loop. I've tried reinstalling the application (leading to an Unable to Access File error) and running the flash clear tool multiple times to resolve that to no avail.

So, anyone have any thoughts on this one? Specifically, does anyone know another way to delete this files from the TomTom? Or is there a way to do a clean wipe on this bad boy and reload everything? I'm willing to try anything at this point, right now, I have a glorified brick for a GPS...

Working now to address this

Thanks for sending the link. Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

I've gotten to the point now where I've formatted the device and am now restoring the maps. We'll see what happens when it's all done.

Ask a Question