bluetooth

i fitted a new battery in my tomtom go 520 and it kept re-booting so my techy friend re-installed the back up I made beforehand and it works ok except that now there's no bluetooth and the only icon says 'bluetooth preferences' but that's greyed out.
should the software for that be on the SD card or is it part of the hardware?
How do I get it back?

Oh dear.... Did you find it difficult to prise the old battery off the circuit board inside?

There are a couple of TINY surface-mount components that it is very easy to damage while you are trying to get it off, and one of them (a capacitor IIRC) tends to produce exactly those symptoms if it is broken.

Here's some more details about it on another forum:

Damaged my 530 changing battery.

I'm impressed that the guy actually managed to get it working again!

I did it very carefully with a small plastic spatula so as not to damage any components and I examined the boardwith a glass after I got it off but couldn't see any damage.
everything else works fine.

Just saying I've seen it happen several times before after a battery change (including the first time I did it!)

I saw the video on youtube demonstrating it.
I can live without bluetooth so I'll thank my lucky stars that everything else works OK. . . .. . . . .

Ask a Question