Tomtom model 720
Phone model Blackberry 8100
Carrier AT&T/Cingular

I get nothing to work. The devices will not pair

Tomtom model 720
Phone model Blackberry 8100
Carrier AT&T/Cingular

I get nothing to work. The devices will not pair

On your BlackBerry, under Bluetooth preferences, make sure your phone is discoverable. Once I did this, I was able to pair up my BB and my TT.

Rob

Treo 750

Tested with 720:
iPhone, hands free and address book download works fine.

Treo 750 (AT&T and WinMobile 6)- This is where I've run in to problems. Good data connection when the connection is manually configured. However I can't seem to get handsfree working with the Treo 750. The trouble appears to develop while trying to pair the devices. I had a similar problem when I first tried to pair the same 750 with my TT510. The clearflash utility resolved it and I haven't had any issues. Is there a similar tool for the 720? My only other thought is that there is a limit to the number of TT's you can pair to the same device.

You mention the Treo 750 on Windows Mobile 6, and it sounds like you got data services working? This is the device I have and I just can't make it communicate for data services from TomTom. Any more detailed tips you can share?

Tested- TT510
Phone- Samsung SGH-D807
Carrier- Cingular/ATT (whatever it happens to be today)
Plan- Family plan (no data or text)
Hands free works
Phone book transfer works
Did not try sms or data transfer

TomTom tested: One XL-S
Wireless carrier: AT&T Wireless
Data Plan: MMode GPRS Domestic
Phone manufacture and model number: Motorola V600

Which features work:

Weather: Yes
Traffic: Yes

I suspect that my data transfer rate may be slower than what some of the latest phones are able to achieve but everything worked perfectly right away. (The above features are all I?ve tried so far). All I did was enable the bluetooth connection and subscribe to the traffic service. I know this phone is an antique by today's standards but I must say that I?m still impressed with it. Not only has it been dropped from a three story building and run over by a Suburban, but I receive all my usual services internationally AND it still remains relevant even with today?s gadgetry. I?ve also found a way to open beer bottles with it. Lately I?ve been itching to buy one of the latest smartphones or the iphone but this damn thing just refuses to die.

TomTom tested = GO 910
Wireless carrier = Verizon
data plan = None
Phone manufacture and model number = Motorola E815
Which features work
Handsfree (Y)
Phonebook transfer (Y)
SMS messaging (N)
Data transfer (N)

There is a hack to get data working if your phone has version 1.1E.00 SW loaded.

See here here and here.

Last edited:
Kobersteen - Did the info at the link help???

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 8703E from the 7250. Have Go 720 and currently only the handsfree and address book transfer work on the 7250. If I only keep those features that would be acceptable but I would hate to LOSE them.....

Thanks!

* TomTom tested: GO 720
* Wireless carrier: VERIZON
* What data plan is being used if any: NONE
* Phone manufacture and model number: SAMSUNG SCH-u720
* Which features work: HANDS-FREE; PHONEBOOK TRANSFER
* SMS messaging: NO
* Data transfer: NO

THIS IS THE "PAIRING PROCESS" I FOLLOWED:

ON THE SCH-u740, select the following:
1.Menu
a.Settings & Tools
i.Bluetooth Menue
1.Settings
a.Discovery Mode

ON THE TT720
1.Got to TT Plus Services Menu and “Disable Wireless Data”
2.Tap “Mobile Phone Icon”
a.“Search for Mobile Phone?”
i.“Yes” – TT should now search for phone. I get the “Congratulations – SCH-u740 is now ready for hands-free calling”
ii.TT lists mobile phone features:
1.hands-free
2.phone book
3.wireless data (but this doesn’t work – no data plan)
iii.TT then asks if you want to load phone book from phone

Setup is complete

Last edited:
Verizon Samsung SCH-u740 doesn't work at all. The TomTom recognizes the phone's bluetooth and starts trying to probe its capabilities but always aborts 10% of the way through. I tried everything I could think of but finally gave up after many attempts...

I got the Samsung SCHu740 to sych just fine with my GO 720. For some unknown reason, you have to get the phone to recognize the TomTom first. Once you use the phone to find the TT, then use the TT to find the phone and the process will complete. My Samsung phone now works fine.

Hope this helps!

Tested:
TT920, AT&T, Nokia N75: All working except for SMS. Had to cusomize the login to proxy, no user name, no password, and *99# for the number. I am able to recieve weather updates and download maps, voices, etc...

TT920T, AT&T, Samsung A727: Same as above.

Help!

* TomTom tested- 920 T
* Wireless carrier - Tmobile
* Grandfathered 20.00/month data plan
* Tmobile Dash with Windows Mobile 6

Which features work

* Handsfree -Check
* Phonebook transfer -Check
* SMS messaging (Cannot get this to work, always grey'd out)
* Data transfer -Check

I did have to hack the Dash to enable DUN, and then do a manual config for the TT to see the Dash data.
I used this article

Here are the manual settings I used on the TT:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username:
Password:
Dial: *99#
Connection string: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com" (it said case sensitive, I used default)

Thanks for the info. I tried to follow the article but could not get it to work. I am trying the exact same setup as you. T-Mobile Dash and TomTom 920 T. Can help and do a step by step on how you got it to work.

works with Motorola KRZR

I was able to connect my Motorola KRZR using US Cellular to my 920. At first it didn't see the phone and the bluetooth was enabled. It found it once I told the phone to find me. That is when it connected and I was also able to transfer the phonebook to the 920 without a problem. ;)

Moto Q via Sprint...Handsfree and adress book works.
I have the TT GO 720 [1] and a Motorola Q via Sprint. The handsfree only partially works. They link just fine. I can dial a number from the TT and I can accept an incoming call. I can retrieve the phonebook from the phone. There is only one minor little problem.

I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me.

I tried with with "enable wireless data" on and off.
I set the "volume preferences" to 75%.
I set the "speaker preferences" to Internal speaker for both directions and music.

Any suggestions?

[1] Firmware version 7.221. Map version 710.

Verizon Treo 700P

* TomTom tested: Go 920T
* Wireless carrier: Verizon
* Data Plan: National Access (Unlimited) + Tethering
* Phone manufacture and model number: Palm Treo 700P

Which features work

* Handsfree: Y (Though it seems to have stopped)
* Phonebook: Partial download (~10 contacts or 800)
* SMS Messaging: N
* Data transfer: Y
* TT Traffic: Not tried
* TT Weather: Maybe, Says not supported (Upstate NY)
* TT Buddies: Don't no. PM me so I can have a buddy ;)
* TT Safety Cameras: Not Tested/NA
* Read Inbox Messages: NA
* TT Downloads: Y

* TomTom tested: Go 920T
* Wireless carrier: Verizon
* Data Plan: National Access (Unlimited) + Tethering
* Phone manufacture and model number: Palm Treo 700P

Which features work

* Handsfree: Y (Though it seems to have stopped)
* Phonebook: Partial download (~10 contacts or 800)
* SMS Messaging: N
* Data transfer: Y
* TT Traffic: Not tried
* TT Weather: Maybe, Says not supported (Upstate NY)
* TT Buddies: Don't no. PM me so I can have a buddy ;)
* TT Safety Cameras: Not Tested/NA
* Read Inbox Messages: NA
* TT Downloads: Y

Can you share the setup you used? I'm trying to get my 700P to work with my TT 720. Did you have to manually configure the data connection? If so, how (what settings did you use). Also, i'd be interested in how you got Handsfree to work as I know the 700P has issues there too. Any help you can give me would be GREATLY appreciated!

Verizon Phone update

Here is a list of the phones that Verizon list as supporting DUN.

Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking (DUN) capable devices:

LG:
VX8100
VX8300
Chocolate
The V
enV​
Motorola:
RAZR V3c
RAZR V3m
E815
MOTOKRZR K1m​
Nokia:
6315i​
Samsung:
a930
a990​

Note that unless you hack the phone a tethering plan would be required. It's not that hard to hack the phone but you will be in violation of Verizon's TOS.

Ask a Question