Bizarre Routing... Please help

On my 550TMXXL I have a strange routing problem... perhaps someone can help explain

1) Why it does this
2) What map correction I can enter to make it STOP doing this.

Start point
City: Burnaby BC, Canada
Street: Deer Lake Parkway (Anwhere)

Destination:
Kensington Avenue @ Sprott Street

Problem: At the corner of Canada Way and Kensington, it will NOT route me to take the perfectly valid LEFT turn from Canada Way to Kensington. It will, instead, take me past the intersection make me U-Turn and then turn right.

Can someone with more prowess determine points 1 and 2 above pls?

App: 9.151.605385.103, )S 1000
(4003, 11/22/2010)
Map: USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P v860.3121

Thanks!

Thanks!

Is it possible that a faulty mapshare 'correction' has blocked a left turn? You can change turn restrictions using mapshare

The turns appear to be all valid. Don't even talk to me about Mapshare... Still getting the 20 weeks out of date notice on this map :(

Can anyone try this routring on THEIR TT and see if they get the same funky route?

I just tried it with an 860 map on a 540 with IQ routing.

Had me go along Deer Lakepkwy to Norland Avenue and turn right on Sprott street to the address.

3 minutes 25 seconds and 1.5 km.

Can you ask it to recalculate until it takes you via Canada Way to Kensington? (must be time of day that thinks the Norland route is better)

Thanks,
Brian.

Ask a Question