Forcing a different routing & and getting bizarre results

I needed to travel part of a 400 mile trip (Phoenix, AZ to Springdale, UT) route during rush hour in Phoenix and, therefore, wanted to avoid historic highway bottlenecks. Of course, TT routes me on these highways.

In an effort to force TT to route me to less travel roads, I tried the "Travel Via" option and selected my desired highway, but TT Nav. 6 had me making a U turn and back-tracking to the highways I was trying to avoid. I continued selecting points further north (towards Payson, AZ) in the hopes that TT would route me on AZ-260 - only to tell me that it couldn't find a possible route. For some reason TT would not route me on AZ-260 even though that road is displayed on the "Browse Map" feature.

Eventually, I chose a road far enough north that TT routed me accordingly for a hundred miles only to have then have me going hundreds of miles out of my way eat to Albuquerque, New Mexico instead of continuing north on AZ-89.

Any suggestions on how to force TT into giving me a logical routing.

Thanks for the response.

The routing that I desire is about 20 miles longer than the fastest route. Therefore, selecting the "shortest route" would not be appropriate in this situation.

I tried making an itinerary first and received an even screwier routing. That's when I tried the "Travel Via" option.

Hopefully, TTN will give me some appropriate notice on some of the trickier turns I need to make. I'll find out tomorrow.

There has to be an easier and more reliable way to get TTN to appropriately route on user-selected roads.

I tried making an itinerary first and received an even screwier routing.

Hmm. This is strange because you can have so much more control over the routing this way. Perhaps you need to add more waypoints into the itinerary.

Ask a Question