Bike trips

Hi every body,

I'm a brand new user of this forum. I'm a french guy from Paris and I had a Yamaha 600 FZ6 and, of course, a TomTom Rider Second Edition.
As I work in ITs, I'm developping a free and cooperative web site for bike trips using google maps. The aim is to use google maps to draw the trip, to share it with others, filling a big database, and to be able to export the trip for TomTom devices.

I would like to ask you if anyone knows where I can find documentation about the TomTom GPS format to be able to generate files for TomTom.

Thank you very much for your help.

Have a good day !
Freedy

PS : Sorry for my spelling, I'm not a native english speaker. I hope I'm understandable.. ;)

If you go to this link, you'll see how Google maps + a 3rd party program called TYRE = itineraries for TomTom.

So, you could create a itinerary using Tyre, download it (the file extension is .itn), and upload it to TomTom where others can download it for their use.

Thank you very much Dhn for your answer and your link.

But my aim is to create the web application than makes the same thing than your link. I already have such a software for doing the same thing, but I want my users to be able to do the same thing, online.
ITN files are just text files with a custom extension, so I can easily generate my owns but I ignore the correct syntax for datas.

Many thanks for having tried to help me.

There is a spec for itn files in an old version of the Tomtom app here (section 3). I'm not sure if it has changed any in the latest applicaiton.

Ask a Question