Big flashing X

TomTom Model(s)
930 (2)TT910,(1)TT510
well I went to update my #2 910 and now I have a large flashing X that flashes on the screen, I tried to do a restore on it and all i get is a notice that a file cant be found on my computer. Any ideas?

The flashing X means the unit can't find the app or maps. Sounds like you're trying to do a restore. Do you have the new map DVD? If so, with the DVD in the drive, connect your 910, launch HOME. If HOME doesn't detect your 910, go to device->change device and it should detect. Now in HOME, make sure the install from CD tab is selected, and install the app and the new maps onto your 910, and any voices you want. Keep us posted!

Am using this thread to relate a mishap with GO HOME last night:

When trying to dock, I got a message that "TomTom.exe has encountered a problem and must now close...".

Sleeping on that sour note I decided this morning to do a "restore" on my Win XP machine to a couple of days earlier when GO HOME functioned normally.

Eureka! It's working again. Am wondering what could have caused the loss of "hand shaking" in the software part of the device.

Ask a Question