Need bigger SD Card

TomTom Model(s)
One
I have a TomTom One which I am told is a legacy device? I want to update my maps of UK and Europe but am told that I need a memory of at least 2 Gig. I have the original Tom Tom card in the device at present, which I believe is too small. I have inserted a 4Gig SDHD card into the tom tom and this dispaly just signals me to remove it.
Can anyone tell me (simply) how to install a new Card and is a 4 Gig SDHD card suitable

Many thanks

VinceB

Thank you for that info.
If I put in an SD card do I need to do anything to perhaps "format" the card and also to transfer information from the old card?

VinceB

It should be fat 32 as the format. Yes, for that model, everything meeds to be on the card, maps AND the application files as well.

You can use up to a 4 gb sd card but I understand that a 4gb card is hard to find these days.

Again, we are talking about NON-sdhc cards here.

Thanks.

I will try to find the appropriate SD card and see what happens. I suppose if I put the old SD card into computer and save all files I can then load them onto the new card?? Does that sound sensible??

VinceB

I have a TomTom One which I am told is a legacy device? I want to update my maps of UK and Europe but am told that I need a memory of at least 2 Gig. I have the original Tom Tom card in the device at present, which I believe is too small. I have inserted a 4Gig SDHD card into the tom tom and this dispaly just signals me to remove it.
Can anyone tell me (simply) how to install a new Card and is a 4 Gig SDHD card suitable

Many thanks

VinceB

Am rather new to this and trying to update my UK maps and NA maps.... having troubles figuring this out.

I do know one thing though; I have read repeatedly that the max size of SDRAM in the TomTom One series is 2GB. I think the chip has to be inserted when you turn the device on in order to have the maps recognized. I have a chip with old UK maps and Western Europe maps on it and if I boot up with the chip installed I see the two maps. If I boot up without the chip installed I see the default USA/Canada map.

If the sd card has the application and maps on it, the unit boots from the card and 'sees' the maps installed on it.

If you boot up without the sd card installed, and also have the application on internal, then the unit boots from internal and the application 'sees' (and uses) whatever map is installed there.

I think that is what is happening.

Ask a Question