"+" being added to my numbers

Heck, I'm using their data services over TDMA on my phone -- they've probably never even heard of that one.

I think the impressive part here is that you managed to find a TDMA phone with Bluetooth. I was disappointed when I learned that my TT would not connect to my 5W analog FDMA bag-phone.

I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, how hard would it be to add an option to not prefix all numbers with a '+' sign. You wouldn't even have to re-write all of the numbers stored in your POIs, just have the TT ignore the '+' when telling your phone what to dial.

Incidentally, my POI numbers work on my Verizon-based CDMA LG VX-8700. For a stored POI number, it dials +1-585-555-1234. This works on my phone, since it knows that country-code 1 is not an international call.

When I get incoming calls, however, it tries to dial +585-555-1234 when I hit "call back", dropping the first '1' --since the phone doesn't send it to the TT -- and thinking I want to dial to the '58' country code, which is not really what I want to do at all.

Hi, I just purchased a tomtom 720 and am very frustrated with the addition of the "+" on calls received.:mad: Otherwise the 720 has been great.

So is it safe to say all tomtom 720 users are experiencing this issue in the USA? From the feedback on this thread, the problem is not specific to a technology (CDMA, GSM, etc) or wireless provider (Verizon, AT&T, etc).

With the new handsfree law in California this would have been nice to have, actually it should work anyway.:confused:
-Dennis

Add another person to the dissatisfied list. I'd like to use the built in calling for POIs from time to time, but can't due to the + appended to every number. Yes, I'm on a CDMA network (Sprint)....

Ask a Question