battery icon GO 740

After not hooking up to the computer for a long time, I allowed Home to update my 740 and Home to the latest software though I still have map 835.2419. The screen is different (status bar is split up differently and so on).

1, When not plugged in, there is a battery icon towards the lower left. Does this replace the one where I had to click the vertical bars to see the charge status? If so, how do I interpret it?

2. There is a compass pointer next to the battery icon. Does it show the direction I'm traveling? What about the similar thing on the status bar next to the present time. It's pointing up while the other one is W by NW.

Sorry if this is a duplicate question or if there is a manual for the newer interface somewhere that I don't know about. I couldn't figure out what to search for here.

The battery symbol will only appear when the charger lead isn't plugged in, you can read it like the old one, green is OK, amber and its getting low red and the device is about to switch off.

The small pointer (so called compass) on the map points North just like a true compass will so it will rotate as driving, the other one on the status bar is the symbol for information relating to current position, its the same symbol as the present position used by default on the map so it means anything in that box is relative current location, so current heading, speed and time is displayed in the left box with the symbol.

You will notice the GPS signal bars are missing which you used to use to get to status and information, to get to these pages of information go to page three of the main menu and select "Status & Information" - Mike

Thanks Mike. It's what I thought but not sure of. I do not handle changes well. You made it sound so clear.

Ask a Question