720 error - battery/triangle ! Icon

I was driving on the I85 through Atlanta airport and I got a strange error. It had a battery icon with a triangle ! icon. What is the meaning of this? My TT worked find after after a 1 mile. Was it some type of interference? :confused:

Also, is there a list of error message and the meaning of them somewhere floating around on the net I can check out?

I was driving on the I85 through Atlanta airport and I got a strange error. It had a battery icon with a triangle ! icon. What is the meaning of this? My TT worked find after after a 1 mile. Was it some type of interference? :confused:

Also, is there a list of error message and the meaning of them somewhere floating around on the net I can check out?

Was the TT plugged in at the time or just running off of battery?

I had a similar issue recently (only had the 720 for two days). I was talking to my dad over bluetooth speakerphone and every time he would talk the unit would flicker a bit so I adjusted the car charger and the unit made a noise and shut off. After it rebooted it wouldnt produce any sound. I was getting ready to take it back when i decided to reboot it a few times and it finally started working.

I think that it was basically running really low on battery because the car charger wasnt plugged in all the way. If it does anything like that again though its going back to be replaced.

battery icon

The same thing happened to me.
I was using battery for the morning with my go720. I'm not really sure how long, but I'd say less the 5 hours. I was using the FM transmitter and then made a phone call via Bluetooth. That call was interrupted and the battery/triangle icon appeared, and the unit shut down. Attempts to turn it back on usually failed, with the same error being displayed. Not very graceful shutdown I'd say. Plugging in the recharger and checking the battery life showed about 1/4 full. I would have thought not enough to shutdown.
When turning on the unit, there was no sound. To get that working, I needed to go to preferences/voices, and selected a voice to test. Sound then worked. That?s a little strange.
So, I would have expected at least a warning that the battery was going dead. Anyone have an idea of usable battery life for these units? I'm going to try to figure this out myself, but other experiences would be nice.
Ben

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of times. The unit just switches off. I had it charged all night yesterday and today it doesn't turn on anymore.

Ask a Question