BAD TomTom!!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
Had a bad experience with the TomTom last week. I posted about it in the general discussion area ...

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?p=24124#post24124

Basically, the POI location for Manchester airport (NH) is WAY WAY off.

A few questions:
1. Can I update/correct POI errors? The only categories I can seem to edit are fire stations and schools.
2. Is there a way to save my own corrections in the TomTom? For example, there is a non-existent road listed near my house. I reported that it was non-existent, and sent it off to TomTom, but it still shows in my device.

Still learning here!

Thanks

CPAScott

1. There are two ways of correcting POIs. The change preferences>manage poi>edit poi which lets you delete or change the phone number name etc or the second way under map corrections.
Map corrections>correct map error>edit poi. In map corrections mode, you can actually move the poi to where you think is the right location.

However like in your case, airports don't show up in map correction menu so you will have to delete the poi using the first method and add it back again to the correct location.

POIs are placed wildly on tomtoms for some reason (they are far more accurate on garmins IMO but others may have different opionion) and if the POI is on the left side of the road on a 4 laned highway, tomtom sometimes thinks its a divided highway and takes you for a little extra spin:D

2. You can block the road and tomtom won't route through it but it will still show on the map so don't make too much of it. You can't draw roads and wipe them off yet:) It would be a cool feature though.

Ask a Question