Automatic night mode

Yeah, but don't get too excited. The last time I tried it the sesitivity setting on the built-in sensor would switch it to dark anytime it got cloudy and it does that a lot here. I've been tempted to try it again and see if they've fixed it in the later firmwares.

I tried it once on the 740 and it kept switching back and forth when I went by a street light nearly blinding me.

I do it manually now.

I tried it once on the 740 and it kept switching back and forth when I went by a street light nearly blinding me.

I do it manually now.

I also see stars or something on topmost horizontal area and it occupies like 20% of screen area when it is dark. Is it something unusual..? Is it related to local time. I see stars like things during evenings and not at day time..? Any Idea

I wonder why they can't do it based on civil dawn and dusk? My cheap a$$ Mio 310x does it that way.

There's a 3rd party addin called daylight that does night/day based on dawn/dusk.

I actually like the auto-adjust feature. I couple day/night with auto-dim, and I have to find just the right brightness settings for both day and night.

Once the right settings are set, things work great for me, dimming in tunnels, with lots of trees around, etc.

I had to drop the night setting 5% after 8.350, and the auto dimming was a bit less effective, but hopefully they fix that when they fix the auto-volume.

I wonder why they can't do it based on civil dawn and dusk? My cheap a$$ Mio 310x does it that way.

So does my Magellan :p

Let's sue TomTom for 4.8 million dollars!!!!

I do keep it at the auto night setting on my 720 though. Here in sunny Florida, it does a pretty good job. As far as brightness, I keep all of it at 100% :)

Last edited:

Ask a Question