910 - Do maps switch automatically?

TomTom Model(s)
go 910
Hi all i have a tomtom 910 and am taking it with me when i go to Florida USA does the unit switch automaticaly to the US maps when it is switched on, or do ihave to configuer it? thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all i have a tomtom 910 and am taking it with me when i go to Florida USA does the unit switch automaticaly to the US maps when it is switched on, or do ihave to configuer it? thanks in advance.
You will need to select the USA_Canada map via the menu system on your GPS.

This assumes that you have already purchased and installed the map on your TomTom, as I think that it would not have been delivered in the UK with that map installed. Although I am really not familiar with the configurations sold in Europe, I have not heard of any that come with the US map installed in addition to the European maps.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

@Tom
I think the entire 9XX range of units has had both N.A. and Europe maps combined. That and sometimes an inertial navigation device for tunnels were the only real differentiators between the 9XX and equivalent 7XX series.

@sapnuwuf
You should find a configuration item under settings for Manage Maps.
When you get the unit to the U.S., do be aware that you've just confused the heck out of the poor thing, and it may well take some minutes to realize where it is, and pull down almanac data appropriate to the satellites in view in your new location.

@sapnuwuf

You can also switch to and from the US maps NOW, just to a have a look around.
One thing to get used to is that you have to select a state in the top right corner of the display when you select a city to "Navigate to..."

You may also want to add some US-specific POI files to it before you go?

Ask a Question