Auto shut off / battery saving, non existent

Had I known that, I would have gotten a different unit.
xl330s, does not auto power off when vehicle receptacle is powered off. Unit automatically goes to internal battery. I then expected it to power down after a few minutes of detecting no vehicle movement. Instead, it just remains on internal battery until it is completely drained.
Does anyone know of a work around on this?
TomToms first response was to go to "change preferences" and find the "battery saving preference". When I called them and told them I could not find that preference, they said it is on page 6 in change preferences menu. I only have 5 pages.

Could be you're not "all there".

Under "Change preferences", if you page forward a good bit, do you see a button for "Show ALL menu options", or "Show fewer menu options"? If the former, select that, and you'll see more buttons than were present before.

There is no icon or arrow to expand menu options.

BUT I JUST FOUND IT: On page4 of the change preferences is an icon for Brightness Preferences. What I was looking for is 2 pages into that, "Switch off when external power is lost".

There is no icon or arrow to expand menu options.

BUT I JUST FOUND IT: On page4 of the change preferences is an icon for Brightness Preferences. What I was looking for is 2 pages into that, "Switch off when external power is lost".
Wow .. that little bugger has a very different menu structure than what I've grown accustomed to using.

Glad you found the option on yours.

Ask a Question