Live 1005 - Auto Shut off

Ok I promise last question.

Is there an option somewhere in the TomTom to stop it auto shutting off.

Several Times when I've now had it connected and it's doing whatever it does that takes 1hour to do, but if I leave it and come back it's shut itself off. Once I even caught it when it said Power Off in 7 seconds.

I've looked through the settings but there doesn't appear to be anything that says turn off after x minutes.

It is rather annoying when you have it connected to your pc trying to get updates and then it goes wrong, as I think it's now ballsed up my map, as a second ago it said no maps found. garrrgh and it was all due to the device canning the connection.

All LIVE models power off after half an hour of non-use. I presume the goal is to minimize paying the Vodafone data bill when not needed.

The MyTomtom app will check for updates even when the Tomtom is not connected. It will even pre-download any updates.

So the best thing is wait until you the MyTomtom taskbar icon changes (either an arrow or exclamation), signifying that a download is ready to install. Then you can install it immediately, preventing the chance of the device shutting off during download.

Once an install begins, and the Tomtom screen changes to the grey scren with the spinning circle, it won't shut off.

Ask a Question