Auto shut off?

TomTom Model(s)
GO910
My TT turned off automatically in the car after a while when the car was turned off and turned back on when started again. I didn;t read about this but assuemd a normal sleep/power save function. All of a sudden today, it isn;t turning off anymore. What gives?

Also it had been connecting automatically to my phone whenever i got within range. I realized it was still connected when in the house the other day and dropped the TT from the phone, but the TT immediately reconnected, so I went and turned off the TT. Now however, the TT does not automatically find the phone. I can connect through the menu or through my phone, but neither happens automatically when the TT powers up as it did beofer. What has changed?

firmware

Whatever that latest is, 6.525? When I installed TT Home a week ago it looked for the update and installed it.

I did have a problem where the screen ghosted after that and I couldn't turn it off or even reset. After the batt died, it started up again and has worked fine. Cust service sent a long email with fixes but I haven't changed anything as it seems to be doing okay now (aside from issue above).

auto off

Okay i have read through all the threads and links, but I have to say I must have experienced something really strange here then.

I bought a refurbished unit so I don't know what firmware it came with. I connected to TT Home and accepted the update to 6.525 before doing a backup (I only had the unit a few hours at this point and this is my first satnav).

After that update and installed in the car, I swear the thing powered down when turning off the car, not immediately, but when I came back in the car after a couple hours it was off. Then when I started the car (with charger in lighter of course) it went on. I am now wondering if perhaps the battery just died. What is the TT reaction to low bat? Does it perform a power down? Would it then start up again with charge?

Doesn't seem possible for mine to have performed differently. Are there some steps for checking my battery charging and holding?

Ok, I had the same problem...After a suggested update the auto shut off doesn't work. I checked and the three files are still there it just doesn't do it. I did a reset (TomTom drums) but that didn't help.

What gives?

Ok, I had the same problem...After a suggested update the auto shut off doesn't work. I checked and the three files are still there it just doesn't do it. I did a reset (TomTom drums) but that didn't help.

What gives?

I think the new firmware (7.XXX) fixed this - on the tomtom, go to change preferences, then scroll to battery saving preferences, and make sure the check mark is next to "Switch off when external power is lost." Good luck!

Thanks, that works. But, the unit randomly displays the auto shutoff message (unit will shut off in x seconds) for two or three seconds then goes back to the map.

Could this have to do with the three auto shutoff files that I used with the previous firmware?

Thanks, that works. But, the unit randomly displays the auto shutoff message (unit will shut off in x seconds) for two or three seconds then goes back to the map.

Could this have to do with the three auto shutoff files that I used with the previous firmware?

I doubt it - sounds like you may have a loose connection to the mount (vibrations cause it to lose contact sporadically). Try re-seating the unit or add some padding near the connection to make it a tighter fit.

Ask a Question