TomTom auto shut-off?

Hi,
I am a newbie and just bought tomtom one 3d edition. I can't find n optionfor auto shut-off. For example, I will arrive somewhere and forget to turn it off. Can't the machine realize that I am not moving or using any menus and just shut off or go on standby?

Thanks

I'm not sure about that specific model, but I have a 720 and it will automatically shut off if it loses external power. It has a ten second countdown that you can cancel if you want.

As far as an auto-shutdown if the vehicle is moving, I'm not sure of any that have that. Though it sounds like it would be a neat feature.

Hi,
I am a newbie and just bought tomtom one 3d edition. I can't find n optionfor auto shut-off. For example, I will arrive somewhere and forget to turn it off. Can't the machine realize that I am not moving or using any menus and just shut off or go on standby?

Thanks
About the closest thing you could do, is go to "Change preferences", then "Battery saving preferences", and set it to turn off the screen between instructions. I think that your screen would shut off when you were done. That would lengthen your battery life. You could also set it to shut off when external power is lost, bu that would only work if your power port in your vehicle was key-hot. In other words, when you shut off your car, the power to your power port was shut off, then your Tom Tom would shut down when it lost power from the power port.

I personally find this lack of functionality inexcusable

my crappy garmin i5 had this and to be honest it was the best feature as it was hard wired to my car.

Its a simple firmware or software update i don't understand why they wouldn't include it at least as option

Apparently there is no such option. I am now trying to figutre out the whole battery thing because I left mine on, apparently the battery is dead and it won't do anything. lease help if you can.

Ask a Question