Application 8.302 update PROBLEMS!

:mad:
The "Operate My Go" feature will not work after you install this update. I wonder how long it will take TOMTOM to fix it this time?

I suspect if you try the emulator again in a few days, the required file for pc functionality will be available.

Thanks...that's what happened before. I am glad to see others say the stuttering problem is fixed.

Newbie here. What do you mean by emulator?
Just got my TOMTOM 730 the other day and not knowing about backups and such, I down loaded the newest version as well as a bunch of other stuff. Not much room left on the card. But that is another story.
I cannot use my Go on the computer to put in maps and such as the gentleman above.

Cheers,

CdnSailor

The 'Operate My Go' is what the emulator is and it doesn't work as yet on the pc for firmware 8.302. Functionality will probably be available in a few days.

Just got my TOMTOM 730 the other day and not knowing about backups and such, I down loaded the newest version as well as a bunch of other stuff. Not much room left on the card. But that is another story.

Well if you haven't done so yet, you sould immediately do a windows explorer backup of the unit.

I cannot use my Go on the computer to put in maps and such as the gentleman above.

Please clarify this a bit. You obviously are able to connect the unit to home because you said you downloaded to it. Do you mean you're not offered a new map or that Home won't install a new version that's in your account? If you're trying to use LMG and not being offered a new map through Home, you may have to call TT and supply them your proof of purchase before they'll add it to your account.

Any reason that Home would want to install 8.302 on BOTH the memory card and the internal memory? DO I need it on both?

Any reason that Home would want to install 8.302 on BOTH the memory card and the internal memory? DO I need it on both?
No .. I've seen it do that on my unit, too, and I think it may be because it sees maps on both. I don't think it used to do that to me before I put Europe out on the SD.

You only need to apply the update to either the internal memory area or the SD card -- wherever the program already resides -- most likely the internal. While some folks HAVE run the Navcore off the SD card, you would definitely know if you had set it up that way, so if not, it's internal.

:mad:
The "Operate My Go" feature will not work after you install this update. I wonder how long it will take TOMTOM to fix it this time?

The "Operate My Go" feature functionality has been restored! When you use the feature TOMTOM Home will download the necessary file.

Also, there is a newer version of TOMTOM Home 6 beta available.

I just update to 8.302 and operate my go does not working on my 720. It does try to download the home software every time I try to re connect my 720.
Any suggestions?

Ask a Question