Always need new settings after dock w/ PC

Every time I dock my TT 510 with my PC the TT reboots and clears all of my settings. It always starts asking me what language I want ETC. This whether or not I actually do anything. Simply connecting and disconnecting to my PC will make this happen.

Is this "supposed" to happen or am I doing something wring?

Thanks

Tom

Every time I dock my TT 510 with my PC the TT reboots and clears all of my settings. It always starts asking me what language I want ETC. This whether or not I actually do anything. Simply connecting and disconnecting to my PC will make this happen.

Is this "supposed" to happen or am I doing something wring?

Thanks

Tom

No, it's not supposed to happen and you are not doing anything wrong. Go to this link to download and run the Clear Flash tool. It's supposed to assist for problems such as you are having: http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6211&Lid=4&nostat=1

No, it's not supposed to happen and you are not doing anything wrong. Go to this link to download and run the Clear Flash tool. It's supposed to assist for problems such as you are having: http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6211&Lid=4&nostat=1

I tried that already actually. I was having problems with my TT pairing w/ my phone (kept asking for pin) so I did the clear flash for that problem. Did not affect this problem.

Any other ideas?

I tried that already actually. I was having problems with my TT pairing w/ my phone (kept asking for pin) so I did the clear flash for that problem. Did not affect this problem.

Any other ideas?

A pin reset? And if that doesn't work, a call to TT Support, I'm afraid.

One other thing ... have you updated the firmware on your unit to the latest available?

A pin reset? And if that doesn't work, a call to TT Support, I'm afraid.

One other thing ... have you updated the firmware on your unit to the latest available?

Yeah, Well not the latest available. I just bought this last week, updated once, I want to say it was firmware 6x something (not infront of my windows box not to check) and that was fine. Then I went back to update and it showed another firmware update. I want to say 7x or something. I think that 1st update was about 9Mb and the second was about 11Mb if that means anything. Anyway, with that latest firmware, once the unit resets and I re-set the settings it shows a message at the top that it cannot save any settings. I could not find a fix in the forums so I reverted back to the 1st updated firmware. I tried this several times, even updating to the latest and then using the flash program but it still gave me that error message. Just as it said, it would ask me for settings every time I powered down an back up (not the same problem I have now with needing to do that after a docking)

Sounds almost as if the location of the file that keeps the settings is read only.

I guess you'll have to make that call to TT Support. Sorry, I can't suggest anything else to try at this time.

Ask a Question