Age of maps for NAV6

1. What is the age of N.American or European maps currently available from Tomtom ??

2. Assuming that maps are being periodically updated when the new release of the maps will be available ?

1. What is the age of N.American or European maps currently available from Tomtom ??

2. Assuming that maps are being periodically updated when the new release of the maps will be available ?

The v6.65 maps I believe was released in November.

However, the big announcement today is the newest version of maps (v6.75) is out and is only available through download.

Read thread for more info.

Now I'm considering purchase of HP iPAQ 5910 unit which still includes previous N.American maps. Of course I'd prefer to have the very latest maps (v6.75) on that unit so I'll probably delay my purchase until the units with the new maps are available in stores.

Any idea as how long I'll have to wait ??

Now I'm considering purchase of HP iPAQ 5910 unit which still includes previous N.American maps. Of course I'd prefer to have the very latest maps (v6.75) on that unit so I'll probably delay my purchase until the units with the new maps are available in stores.

Any idea as how long I'll have to wait ??

You know, that's a good questions. I would ask/email TT before you purchase navigator to see if it includes the very latest maps so you wouldn't be dinged twice on your purchase (navigator and then the map update).

Really, no-one knows. The release date mentioned by Flex does not tell you the 'age' of the map, only when they were released.
No-one knows.

Really ??

Few minutes ago I talked to TomTom about that new 6.75 version of maps. And surprise, surprise !!! They do NOT know about it. They claim that the latest version available for from them is 6.65 !!!!!!!!!!!

There certainly is an update. If you check the TT site but choose UK, go to the map section, the banner displays 2007 maps. Having said that though, I put in my PC and it tells me I have the latest version but the site always had this bug of telling you were on the latest when your not.

Now, if you check the TT site in Canada or US, there is no such banner displaying the 2007 map update. I'm assuming that it still needs to be updated.

EDIT: Apperntly the new 2007 update is just rebranding of the 2006 DVD version - Link

EDIT: Apperntly the new 2007 update is just rebranding of the 2006 DVD version - Link

Exactly! No-one outside of N America got the last 'update' that you guys all did. So, now they are selling us what you already got on DVD (for only $6). Count yourselves lucky.

That is why the 'update' is not offered to those of you dwelling in N America. You already have it!

Ask a Question