address help

Hi all,
I'm from Hawaii and am having trouble entering an exact address into my TomTom One...actually been having problems for a few years but just decided to ask someone about it. Here, we have some addresses that have a dash in the middle of the house number like 94-543 StreetName. How do I enter that so the TomTom will take it? I try without the dash, with the dash, and only the last part of the numbers but nothing works....I always have to use a cross street instead. Anybody else run into this and have a solution for me? Thanks in advance.

Seriously, at the moment there is no solution for your problem as long as you use a TomTom. The deficiency in handling alphanumeric addresses is well known, both here (do a search on 'Hawaii') and at TomTom, who so far has not addressed the problem.

There are rumours that something positive may happen with the next map due out in a few weeks but, as I said, just rumours.........

Sorry I haven't any better advice (other than trying to navigate to a location using lat/long data)

According to Canadian Postal Regulations 94-543 StreetName would be 543 StreetName, Appartment (or Unit) 94.
Can you give a proper example of such a street address (not your own, of course) that we can see if we can duplicate that.
I don't know if your TomTom One has a "Where am I" touch key. If yes, it would be easiest for a comparison as you would have exact coordinates if you were to use that at some known address.

As dhn mentioned, at this time there is no solution for alpha-numeric addresses like in 94B StreetName, but yours may be different.

If you are always trying to enter locations unknown to you, and if TomTom One does not allow to make custom POI categories, I have no answer.
Iy you can make custom POI categories and the addresses will be visited often, there is a work around that may suit you.

Please let us know if your device allows to make custom POIs.

In NYC, Tomtom eliminates the hyphens, so those hyphenated addresses actually work.

They didn't do that in Hawaii, so until this is fixed Tomtoms are really useless in much of that state. A sample address is here.

Ask a Question