My TT XL won't boot up it stops at address screen help please

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom XL N14644
Help this is the first forum site I have ever joined so it takes me a bit time to move around and find the right place to ask for help,
can anyone help I have a Tom Tom XL N14644 and a smaller Tom Tom I use for my work, the problem is that I gave it to one of my daughters who has had it for about 7 months but not used it, when I tried to charge and update it won't boot up now it stops at the screen were my name and address comes up but will not go any further, I can't find a reset button can anyone help. Thank you in advance Tony

To re-boot an XL, you hold the power button down for around 20 seconds, until you hear a drum roll sound, then release it.

If that doesn't sort it, further troubleshooting guides are here:

Old-style TomTom Acting Up? - Part 1 - First Steps In System Recovery

Old-style TomTom Acting Up? - Part 2 - How To reinstall *fresh* Software using Home

Start at the beginning of the first one, making sure you do a full backup as per the instructions FIRST and once that's done continue with each step in turn until it is (hopefully!) working again.

Andy thanks for your reassuring advice I will try when I get home from work today or tomorrow. Cheers m8
Tony

Thanks to andy_p

Andy I tried the first thing on your recommend list procedures and wham back to normal. I held the power down button foe 20 seconds it shut down and rebooted, now it works fine, very much appreciated for your advice andy.
Thanks m8
Tony :) :thumb::tea::t

Tl8006

Last edited:

Ask a Question