Activating Maps on a Replacement Unit

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730
Hey folks,

Just a quick question. I was having a problem with my 730 holding a charge. Sent it back and have a new one (Refurb) just delivered as a replacement. I'm away from the office so I'm not sure what's in the box, but a question came to mind. I have the map update service and have updated the maps. Since the maps are tied to the unit, how to do go about moving that subscription and the new maps onto my new unit?

Are there instructions that come with it? Do I have to call support?

J

You need to call support at 866-486-6866 to switch your subscriptions to a new device.

You would also want to create a new account at TomTom for the new device but call them for sure.

Thanks for the follow up.

I did call. There was no need to create a new account. They just reset something on their side. The on thing I'll say is that when you restore the info from your back up, don't restore the maps. When you run Home, the maps will update then. I went through the update, copied the back up over, including the old maps, then had to call again to find out how to blow out the old maps and re-install the new ones.

Thanks again

J

Ask a Question