Accidently deleted maps! Now Map not found ?

Hello,

Just got my new TomTom ONE. I accidently deleted the US maps on it. I don't have backup.

I tried to copy the maps from my friend but its show NO MAPS FOUND and it doesn't let me get my device id also.

How can I get the device id?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks!

dont want to rub your nose in it but you should always have atleast 1 backup available, i always put each backup into a seperate folder with a text files saying what the update is, ie, new maps, or 3rd party software

am sure the good folks on here will be able to help you out :cool:

Hello,

Just got my new TomTom ONE. I accidently deleted the US maps on it. I don't have backup.

I tried to copy the maps from my friend but its show NO MAPS FOUND and it doesn't let me get my device id also.

How can I get the device id?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks!
I had the same problem once, and I still had the maps saved on my computer. It wouldn't even let me reload the map from my computer to my ONE. You'll have to set aside some time, and call support. You might have to be on hold for a while, but they will fix it right away. It would be easier if you were logged onto HOME, and at your computer at the time as well. To get your device ID, tap the signal bar, then tap the square with the software version number in it. Good luck

I had the same problem once, and I still had the maps saved on my computer. It wouldn't even let me reload the map from my computer to my ONE. You'll have to set aside some time, and call support. You might have to be on hold for a while, but they will fix it right away. It would be easier if you were logged onto HOME, and at your computer at the time as well. To get your device ID, tap the signal bar, then tap the square with the software version number in it. Good luck

Hi,

I tried tapping it but the screen sort of locks at NO MAP FOUND and won't let me do anything.

the whole process of re-installing maps saved/backed up is weak. I can see my NA maps ZIP file and location, but the software does not provide a process to reload maps (that were removed to make space for alternative maps).

not sure what Tom Tom is waiting for to address this issue in their menu process...

For that model. Home's Add maps/voices-->arrow right to items on computer, you should see a row for maps. Expand that and you should see the map listed which you can select to install.

Map file(s) is/are there, but I assume it does not resolve as a usable file becuase it is a ZIP file. moved file to GPS, but sitll trying to figre out how to make the maps appear in the menu options...

Why assume? Why not try it with Home?

.... and putting the zip file on the device won't help.

Ask a Question