HELP accidently deleted US Map

Ok I was messing around with my tomtom one when by accident I deleted the US Map on the device. I was smart enough to use the Backup option on home but I tried to restore and it didnt work. I also have an extra copy of the us map stored on my comp and I tried simply copying and pasting but it didn't work. When i try to add the map again on home it says i cant for content reasons or something like that. Resetting factory settings didnt work.

If you have a copy of the map safely on the computer, then it's safe to reformat the internal memory. This should solve the space problem.

Then copy and paste your files from the computer to the TomTom. It should all fit now.

If you have a copy of the map safely on the computer, then it's safe to reformat the internal memory. This should solve the space problem.

Then copy and paste your files from the computer to the TomTom. It should all fit now.

No space is not an issue, The US map is currently on my tomtom but whenever I turn it on it keeps redirecting me to the Guam map and the preferences say theres no US map installed.

No space is not an issue, The US map is currently on my tomtom but whenever I turn it on it keeps redirecting me to the Guam map and the preferences say theres no US map installed.

Try a reset. I had the problem of the USA map not showing and that fixed things for me.

You could try to copy an old version of the 'USA_and_Canada-7.meta' file, if you have it backed up.

TomTom update sent me a what appeared to be a bad version of this file and I ended up stuck in Guam. I copied an older version back onto my TT1 3rd and was able to get my USA_and_Canada maps back.

Ask a Question