920 vs 720 case

TomTom Model(s)
TT910/TT920t
Is the tt920 the same size as the 720? I am looking for a cover/case for my 920 and none are available in the USA. I am considering buy one from the 720 model if its the same size. Or does someone else have any better suggestions?

Thanks

Foxbreakr

P.S. I think they should have came with one in the box. Such a shame

What I did was purchase from e-bay a Nintendo DS case.

It fits perfect and I got it from a Hong Kong seller for under $8.00 shipped.

It arrived in about a week. Way more economical compared to the genuine article.

D.

It is a shame that the 720 has been out for as long as it has and the cases still aren't available. I liked some of the features of the 720 before I returned it, but the customer support (lack of), lack of accessories (a case) and issues with various functions of the unit (from unit to unit) have kept me from trying again even with the current price reduction.

case

I used a CD carrying case for my TT1. Only a couple of bucks at Best Buy. Ripped out the CD sleeves. Customized a bit of foam rubber and there you go.

Tommy D

It is a shame that the 720 has been out for as long as it has and the cases still aren't available. I liked some of the features of the 720 before I returned it, but the customer support (lack of), lack of accessories (a case) and issues with various functions of the unit (from unit to unit) have kept me from trying again even with the current price reduction.

gpscheap says they've shipped my 720 case (using for my 920T) ~$25+shipping

Same Problem, with my 720, no case. I read a message here a couple of months ago (720 section), that in Target Stores, camera department, find the case called denali, not sure of the spelling. Did it and it fits my 720 perfectly.

I use an XL box for my GO 720

Is the tt920 the same size as the 720? I am looking for a cover/case for my 920 and none are available in the USA. I am considering buy one from the 720 model if its the same size. Or does someone else have any better suggestions?

Thanks

Foxbreakr

I use an XL box for my GO 720

I also have Tomtom's BiG box but it is sometimes to big if you only take out the GPS

I was also looking at camera cases. Thanks for the info on that, I wil llook to see if I can find that exact case. I want something that is snug for the unit so the screen does not scratch. Spent all this money for my tomtom, I want to make sure I keep in perfect for as long as I can. Another reason why I wonder why it did not come with some sort of case like the 910 did.

Foxbreakr

Case @ Best Buy

I too was looking for a case.

Went to Best Buy. They have a generic GPS case that has a couple of pockets etc.... only $20... Even the sales guy was suprised when we took it out of the plastic cover.

cases 920 720

Thanks

Foxbreakr

both cases fit both units they are the same size. Try amazon.com or dogstarradios.com

Thanks

Foxbreakr

I have purchased two cases for camera's from this person, the quality is excellent and shipping is fast. The cases are a perfect fit and made for each item and not a generic fit like some cases.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Leather...ryZ58049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tim

I was also looking at camera cases. Thanks for the info on that, I wil llook to see if I can find that exact case. I want something that is snug for the unit so the screen does not scratch. Spent all this money for my tomtom, I want to make sure I keep in perfect for as long as I can. Another reason why I wonder why it did not come with some sort of case like the 910 did.

Foxbreakr

I purchased the OEM TomTom case from Amazon.com for my 720. I now have the 920 and since they are the same size, the fit is perfect. Cost was around $25. It even has the TT logo on it.

Pismo, did you purchase the standard or the leather case? If you purchase the leather one were you able to figure out how to attach the strap to the case; I can't find a way (no holes or hooks to attach it to :( ). Thanks.

I bought a DENALI digital camera case from Target for $5. Its a snug fit and gives adequate protection without being bulky.

I have purchased two cases for camera's from this person, the quality is excellent and shipping is fast. The cases are a perfect fit and made for each item and not a generic fit like some cases.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-Leather...ryZ58049QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tim

thanks. just ordered one, defiantly looks like quality.

word of caution there is someone selling a case under the same description and it looks like fanny pack. so make sure you get the right one.

I purchased a TomTom One XL case which fits the 920 perfectly. Only issue is that the case comes with a strap, and I can't figure out where it goes.

920 leather case

tim

I too have bought the leather case linked here off Ebay and have been very happy with it. I have had two other cases for cameras from the same vendor and have been very pleased with their quality.:cool:

Ask a Question