920 vs 720 case

So how does an expensive leather case give added protection to the screen vs a lightly padded neoprene case?

That is my point.

Why is everyone so paranoid about protecting these devices with hard shells, etc?

They are very robust and short of putting pressure on the screen, they can take abuse well, especially as there are no moving parts.

Reasonable care and a lightly padded case is all that is really needed.

1. Because I just spent over $600 for it and I don't want it to break b/c I didn't get a hard shell carry case vs. a leather case.
2. Because I travel all over the country A LOT and I don't want it broken b/c of some jackbag throwing my bag at an airline.
I'm sure I can think of other reasons, but I'll opt to let you ponder on it.

Why wouldn't you go the extra step to protect your $600+ gadget?

On a flight do you put the 920 in checked luggage? If so, you risk getting it stolen.

I still say that a soft padded case does a good job if you exercise reasonable care.

For me it was a $400 device, BTW.

I like the look of the official TT 920 case but it appears to be unavailable. I think it would provide the protection I want. Again, if I did take it on an airline flight, while I would not check it, my ELECTRONIC COMPONENT array is growing and protecting the screen is important. But in my backpack which bounces on my back and gets scuffed under and over trees or may be really bumped as I fall down a slope while telemarking - well, you get the picture. And it has gone skiing with me once but unfortunately, I did not have Off-track navigator to test at that time (g)

Ask a Question