New 920 user questions and help trying to find TomTom accessory 9A00.201

JSB

TomTom Model(s)
Hello all,
I have a 920 on the way to me. Thanks to this forum for sharing the excellent deals available, and initial tips once I receive the unit.

I am trying to find the TomTom accessory large travel case part number 9A00.201, and so far with Google searches cannot find a retailer selling it in the US. If anyone can give me some help with this, I would appreciate it.

I have read here to do a full and complete backup of my 920 when it arrives. What other things should I consider doing?

Thanks for all the great info.
JSB :D

I think they suggest you charge the unit overnight. While it's connected to your computer download the Quick Fix data - that tells the unit where to look for the satellites. But aside from that, I think these units are pretty easy to use and understand. You can download the manual and flip through it with the GPS in hand to learn how to do things.

I really miss having a hardcopy manual with GPS'es today - Garmin is just as bad and I'm sure the other companies are no different either.

I purchased a CaseLogic PHDC-1 case from Staples (Canada). Its a near perfect fit for my Go720 which I believe is very similar in size to the 920. Its a semi hard sided case. I added a little extra padding as well.

Here is the PHDC-1 link: http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=660823&affixedcode=WW

I checked Office Depot (US version of Staples) and the closest I could find was this case. http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=699438&Ntt=caselogic&uniqueSearchFlag=true&An=text

Not sure if it would fit, bring your 920 with you to the store and try it.

I am trying to find the TomTom accessory large travel case part number 9A00.201, and so far with Google searches cannot find a retailer selling it in the US.
Is this the bag you're looking for?
GO-bag-large.jpg

Thanks, Everyone

Thanks, everyone. I like all of your suggestions for an alternative case. They are also priced better than the TomTom 9A00.201 I was originally thinking of. Here's the one I was originally asking about, but it appears to only be available outside of the U.S., and I'm not paying more for shipping than the item itself costs.

OR3010000080374.jpg

When my TomTom 920 arrives, I'll be sure to do the things Boyd suggested to do immediately after opening the box.

Thanks, and I appreciate this very helpful site.

Accessories

Try Amazon.com for acccessories. Don'tr forget that the 720 accessories fit the 920.
Hello all,
I have a 920 on the way to me. Thanks to this forum for sharing the excellent deals available, and initial tips once I receive the unit.

I am trying to find the TomTom accessory large travel case part number 9A00.201, and so far with Google searches cannot find a retailer selling it in the US. If anyone can give me some help with this, I would appreciate it.

I have read here to do a full and complete backup of my 920 when it arrives. What other things should I consider doing?

Thanks for all the great info.

Ask a Question