920 vs 720 case

When I ordered mine, it said they had 276 in stock and they shipped it out same day. Try adding the case to the basket to check and see if it is in stock.

Reports that they special order it from TT and it cannot be cancelled. I think they are out just like TT!!!

Reports that they special order it from TT and it cannot be cancelled. I think they are out just like TT!!!

Mine came in the mail today. It's a super nice case for the 920. I guess even though they had almost 300 in stock, plenty of people were surfing for them like me. I did see one on ebay over the weekend so you can check there as well.

Case Logic Hard Drive Case

Fry's Electronics was out of the 720/920 cases too, but the sales associate recommended this Case Logic hard drive case.

http://www.caselogic.com/compact_portable_hard_drive_case/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=80400

It comes in three colors. I put my 920 behind the strap where a hard drive was designed to go. I put the remote, some cables and a couple of cell phone batteries in the mesh pocket on the other side. However, the car power adapter will not fit.

I like it. The price was right ($9.99 on sale). The Case Logic website has it on sale for $15.99.

May still get the 720/920 case later (Dell has it available on their website), but I think I kinda like the extra storage space of the Case Logic.

Morpeth Mobiles Leather Case for the 720/920

I don't like the TT 720/920 case with the strap, wanting one that would connect to my belt. I ordered this Executive Leather Case today for 14.99GBP plus 2.00GBP for shipping to the U.S.

http://www.morpethmobiles.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=/46/BBb

Earlier this evening I bought the new TomTom GO/ONE/ONE XL Travel Case from Fry's Electronics in San Diego for $34.99, Part #5A00.800. I guess it is so new that I can't find it on the internet anywhere, not even on the TomTom site. I never saw it before. It is a hard nylon covered case with a non-detachable leather strap or handle. Inside there are two mesh pockets (one of them is zippered), two nylon removable cases (one fits the 720/920, the other a ONE) with velco to stick on the inside and a nylon/velco strap for the windshield suction cup mount.

Last edited:
720 / Nintendo DS Lite case

I just ordered one of these from meritline. on sale free shipping for 8 bucks,
i hope it works as good as i have heard it will. i'll let you know how good it is when i get it. ( about 7-10 days )

I just ordered one of these from meritline. on sale free shipping for 8 bucks,
i hope it works as good as i have heard it will. i'll let you know how good it is when i get it. ( about 7-10 days )

I just got one too. Hope it works, but for $8 it's not like taking a huge chance.

works great and only 8 bucks !!

I received myNintendo DS Lite case today.
it works great. the first time i put it in i thought it might not zipper.
its very snug and my unit does not move at all inside ( almost like it was made for it ) after zipping it up for the first time i left it overnight and it streches out a wei bit and now it zips up just fine, easy.

i would reccomend this to anybody who needs an inexpensive case.
the case i got was from meritline.com

the case is not soft and not hard plastic, somewhere in between. i would feel safe if i dropped it on the ground, nothing would happen.

anyway, just 1 guys opinion.

Tony

http://www.morpethmobiles.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=/46/BBb

Received this today. It is very nice. Soft leather with a magnetic cover. The 920 fits inside it like a glove.:)

They shipped to the US? If you don't mind my asking, what was the cost and shipping and how long did it take.

I THOUGHT I ordered a tomtom case from a seller on Amazon but I am beginning to wonder - it was supposedly IN STOCK but after two weeks, still not shipped. I am checking out cancelling the order.

I just got one too. Hope it works, but for $8 it's not like taking a huge chance.

I have had this case for a few days now and it's a very tight fit. Seems to be stretching out a little. Zipper sometimes buckles a little but am able to close it. Not bad for $8.

Morpeth 720/920 Case

They shipped to the US? If you don't mind my asking, what was the cost and shipping and how long did it take.

I THOUGHT I ordered a tomtom case from a seller on Amazon but I am beginning to wonder - it was supposedly IN STOCK but after two weeks, still not shipped. I am checking out cancelling the order.

With the exchange rate on 1/15/08, the total for the case and shipping amounted to $33.22 shipped to San Diego. Not bad, and it is designed for the 720 and 920. I received it on 1/23/08 via USPS mail.

No conversions necessary. Supple Italian grade leather. Like I said, the 920 fits in it like a glove. Very nicely made. The best option I found yet to carry my 920 on my belt. I don't like the hand strap option TomTom has with their cases. Not that I'd feel like I was swinging a purse around, I just like my hands free.

Ed

Last edited:
I have had this case for a few days now and it's a very tight fit. Seems to be stretching out a little. Zipper sometimes buckles a little but am able to close it. Not bad for $8.
Munnz, where did you find your case, and which one did you get? There seem to be many available.

I do find it strange that TT does not have cases for the 720/920 (what size is the 520) models. They've been out-of-stock for a while now. Can it be that hard to keep up with the inventory?

I will check out that leather case mentioned above. I just wanted a small, form-fitting case that I could slip into my pocket or backpack (can't leave it in the car) to protect the unit.

Why is everyone so paranoid about protecting these devices with hard shells, etc?

They are very robust and short of putting pressure on the screen, they can take abuse well, especially as there are no moving parts.

Reasonable care and a lightly padded case is all that is really needed.

You got it - for me it is protecting the screen. If I drive to a trailhead or urban jungle location, I want to pocket the device. In my daypack, all things rattle around and in my pocket, keys, cellphone, etc can pressure the screen. I like the fact that it does not have a hard disk but the screen is large and vulnerable. I have seen too many posts about video mp3 players with cracked screens.

Ask a Question