8.15 map on 910 question

TomTom Model(s)
910 w/ v7.10 maps
Hello,

Looking at 8.15 map upgrade for 910. Currently have v7.15 NA maps.

I have the newfirmware v7.9.03 that is suppose to allow v8 maps.

Can anyone tell the features that I would gain (or more important won't have) on the 910 vs the same map on the 920 or 930. Will IQ route run on the 910?

Randy

The 8.15 map does have IQ routes 2 on it. Im not sure if the 7.9 software supports IQ routing. You can always check if it does under planning preferences. On the bottom left, there should be the IQ routing option.

IQ routes 2 offers the time of day planning instead of the day of the week.

The 8.15 map does have IQ routes 2 on it. Im not sure if the 7.9 software supports IQ routing. You can always check if it does under planning preferences. On the bottom left, there should be the IQ routing option.

IQ routes 2 offers the time of day planning instead of the day of the week.

Pedro,

Hello. Don't see a IQ route option in mine. I still have v7.15 maps. Was IQ available with v7.15? I was trying to find out if its available on the 910 (with v8.15 maps) before I purchase a new map. Does anyone know?

Randy

I believe with the firmware 7.9, the answer is 'yes'.

Understand that IQ routing was available for ALL version 8 maps (and Navcore 7.9 is necessary for using v8 maps).

IQ2, as it is referred to is available only with 8.15 maps. IQ2 takes into consideration the time of day, not just the day of week, when planning the 'fastest' route.

That article was back in October. Since then, firmware v7.9 has been released for x10 units. This was supposed to give x10 users the new features with the v8 maps.

I currently do have the firmware v7.9, but only v7.15 maps. Would like to buy v8.15 maps.

But I would like for someone who has already upgraded a x10 to v8.10 or 8.15 maps to verify that IQ does work with x10.

Randy

IQ Routes do not work for GO x10 devices.

I have 8.15 on a GO 910 and there are no IQ routes.

Even with traffic (which is an option - and not particularly well sorted on the x10), there is only "minimize traffic delays" but no IQ routes).

Ask a Question