Issues/problems with map 910

Hi, I hope someone can give me some help...? I have a Go910 and it came with Europe and USA and Canda Maps as well as some other areas. I have had it now for about 5 years and thought it was time to update the USA map as I'm going there next month.
I have "plugged" it into Tom Tom Home and clicked on the "Purchase Maps" button but the screen doesn't give me the option of upgrading USA & Canada, just Europe and GB etc.
Have they stopped doing updates for this model? How do I go about getting it done? Help please!!

Firstly, you won't get v910 maps for ANYTHING yet. The forum topic is a bit early... (Also it's pure coincidence that you have a Go910, and that the next map version number will be v910)

Now... Why is Home not offering you the US map?
Hopefully it MIGHT be something very simple....

I just tried it on a Go940 which is only a bit newer then yours and the one thing I noticed is that Home doesn't show you the US maps on the FIRST screen it brings up, for "recommended items".
You have to click on the"View" box at the top and switch it to "All" before they get shown.
They are right down the bottom of the list... and the ones I was offered were "USA", "USA and Canada" or "USA and Mexico".

I thought it had been put up accidentally and removed again.

But from other forum posts it seems that it has re-appeared now.

Map v910 of Europe (both for Nav2 and for Nav3) has been offered and downloaded but no sign yet of USA, Canada and Mexico for Nav2. Is anyone else being offered that one yet?
No, but didn't they release the NA v905 maps almost a month after the Europe one.

Can also confirm the NA map is not being available for my 540 here. I woulda thought they would have also released the NA map today, rather than always being behind Europe by a month or so for every map release.

I've asked a contact at TT to clarify the issue with NA maps ...... will provide feedback if and when I get it.

Thanks to Arno and dhn for confirming that my problem is not particular to my devices or accounts. With Nav3 one gets the comfort of reading that one has a Lifetime map subscription, but with Nav2 there is nothing like that and so one can be left wondering whether such a subscription might have "dropped off" the account. Let's see whether Ditte answers either of our enquiries.

Yup. Once again, North American maps are delayed. I'm offered the update to 910 for Western Europe, but only a Mapshare update for North America. I hope this isn't going to turn into a trend. That's two releases in a row where this has happened.

Last time, there were rumors about taking additional time to add some major roadways. This week's excuse is "The subscription tool is currently undergoing maintenance".

Yes doc but yours is a Nav 3 device. The problem with the delayed maps in with the old Nav 2 devices using Home, not MyTomtom.

Its weird. I don't get the 910 map offer but for some reason I got two unrelated update:
Fuel Prices Europe - Update prices
Fuel Prices Europe - Update gas stations
Even thought I don't have the map for Europe

Also, I checked the Purchase Maps section in TomTomHome, it shows that the 910 map is available on USA, USA & Canada, USA & Mexico, but not on North America ?!?!?!

It appears to be an issue only with Nav 2 devices with the Map Update Service and North_America map installed, not for those actually wanting to purchase the 910 map.

Tomtom 'hopes' to have the problem resolved by next week.

And my understanding is that those with a current North_America map on the MUS will find the map renamed to USA_Canada_Mexico when the issue is resolved and the new map offered.

TomTom housekeeping, I guess.............

So do we get more POI back in return? :D
Cause North_America has only 5.3 millions POI where USA&Canada has 9.3 millions
And its only 60mb differece in size

FWIW: I'm running a GO740 that uses the old 'North_America_2GB' map, and am seeing the same results. Still only being offered Mapshare data for that map, not 910. Am also offered Europe fuel prices for the first time, but I DO have a Western Europe map loaded on that unit in external memory.

How many changes do they actually make on the North American maps? They always have the speed limits wrong or non-existent on some of the local roads where I live. I received the generic email that the summer maps are available, but no luck in getting them! Sounds like they should give us a good discount on an updated TomTom device.

Ask a Question