740 Live

TomTom Model(s)
TT Go 2535M, TT 740Live, TT 510
Hey all!! I recently purchased a TT 740 Live to upgrade from my 510 (the wife will get the 510) and I love it. The one question I have is that I accidently set a "Set marker Position" while browsing the map. I can not find a way to remove it. Every time I browse the map now the distance to this "Set Marker" shows up at the bottom of the screen-just annoying. Does anybody know how to remove the maker? TT's menu does not provide a solution. Any ideas??? Thanks!!

Set your home to the marker's position, then move the home back. The marker will disappear.

Really silly solution, but for some reason it works.

Drag the marker so its directly over either your Home marker or destination marker and it should disapear - Mike

Thanks for the responses- but it did not work. I tried several times but the green flag remains.

The green flag is your "work" marker.

- Open up the traffic menu
- go to "show home/work"
- go to change home work
- for start, set to Home
- for destination, set to "point on map"
- in the browse mode, go to find, and home, then tap done

I appreciate the responses but I feel that I am not being clear in what I am asking. On the 740 Live when you are in the "Bowse Map" menu and touch the position cursor one of the menu options is to tap "Set Marker Position". I tapped it unintentionally and now I can not delete the position it set. I am not familiar with it's purpose- maybe it is a way point? Now when I browse the map it shows the flag inside of a green circle with the distance to this marker. None of the menu choices or tactics I have tried has allowed me to unmark this position. I can't understand why TT does not let you delete when you make an error!! Other than resetting to factory settings I am at a loss. I am unsure if this would even work!! Thanks for any help.

Yes, I think Mike's solution will work, but you have to be perfectly precise. See this link for a step by step.

Thanks all!! I finally made the marker disappear after I used the my "Home Position". Did not work with recent destination. Probably because it was not a poi but an address.

Ask a Question