740 Google Search Bug

740Live
8830 Verizon

When dilaling a POI found within Google Search TT automatically adds a '011' in front of the number. However, when I dial from a TTPOI, the area code and number work correctly. Only when the number is dialed from a Google Search POI does it automatically insert the 011 and Verizon will not dial the number obviously.

I understand from other posts that this is a problem others have had.

Is there a workaround and/or is TomTom working on the problem for the US market?

Last edited:
Dial to Google POI

Have the same problem.Contacted TT support .Now waiting for their responce. Tried 2 different phones one is HTC Fuze/ATT and second is Iphone 3g/ATT. Nothing changed.

Update: That was the answer from TT support

Dear Pookh,
Thanks for the e-mail. We do apologize that the ability to retrieve the number in the correct sequence when you are using Google Search. At this time, we do not have a fix for it. We do understand that this is quite frustrating. Expanding our programming to meet the needs of our customers is very important to us. We frequently use customer feedback as an initiative to add or improve our navigational and usage features. Any programming requests made regarding our equipment or software will be forwarded to our product development team for review.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Susan
TomTom Customer Support

Last edited:
Well, I finally gave up waiting for a higher-end Tomtom and got a GO740.

I'm surprised that this major bug isn't yet resolved.

It's pretty simple: In Europe, they call cross border all the time, so most people store +country code in their phone numbers. For example, UK is +44. For international calls in the US, the equivalent would be +1 (as in +18664866866)

Well in the US, we don't call internationally as often, and don't keep that standard. Google US POIs come across as 8664866866, and the problem is that Tomtom attempts to dial +8664866866, which the phone company properly interprets as an international call (in this case China,since China's country code is +86).

Tomtom just needs to remove the + for Google POI, or add a 1 in front of every number.

Last edited:

Ask a Question