720 rebooting while cataloguing music?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720
for the love of god i cant figure out why my 720 hates me. i have an adata 16gb sd card in the unit.
after putting mp3's on it i turn the unit back on and while its counting the songs it gets stuck and restarts. i took the damn card out and did a low lever format and it didn't help.

after copying a few albums i would test it and it was fine. somewhere towards the end of filling up the card it was back to rebooting. is there a certain type of file that causes this stupid thing to restart? ive never had an issue i think when album art was copied over..........but im running out of ideas and this is getting time consuming!!

tia

I'm in kind of a bad spot for a connection right now, but a search might do the job for you. I distinctly recall some sort of total MP3 file count limit beyond which funny things started to happen on the 720/730/920/930 units. Problem is, this system won't let you search on a word as small as "MP3" and it's been quite some time since this issue was discussed. None of the recent models support MP3.

There is a limit on the number of tracks the unit can use but its over 2000 as I recall and even when you go over the limit the device simply chooses to ignore some of the tracks, problem is the device picked which tracks to ignore making it very difficult and time consuming to count the number of tracks it offered for use, I don't remember it re-booting though.
Where I have seen re-booting has generally been down to a corrupt mp3 file, although with a large collection its going to take you quite a while to find it - Mike

actually i have 2374 songs on it successfully as of tonight. maybe there IS/was a corrupt file and that's what the issue was, i just dont know. I dont think i will add any more music for now!! thx

Ask a Question