720 Newbie

I just got a TT GO 720 and I have a question about the interface. On my Magellan when a POI was on the screen, I could touch it and it would bring up info on that POI whether I was navigating or just driving down the road with the map up. If I touch a POI on the TT, it just takes me to the menu screen. Is there a way to touch the POI and get info on it?

In the Browse Map view, if you tap a poi, you can get details like the address and phone number if stored with the poi file.

So there's no way to do that from the navigation interface? That seems counter intuitive. Plus, that's alot of presses to get info that should be accessible from the main screen.

Correct, it's a frequently complained about non-feature.

Tomtom improved their interface on the x50 models that were announced in the German IFA. Don't know yet if the x50 interface does that. There's a very small chance that Tomtom will retrofit this interface on a 720 with an application update.

Ask a Question