TomTom GO 720 setup (Newbie) question

Hi, This is my first GPS system ever. So my questions will be very basic so please bear with me.

I purchased the TomTom GO 720 on Amazon in the US, but I live in Germany. When installing, I did mention that the country I live in is Germany. The software provided me with all the options of what local points of interests, restaurants etc. I downloaded all this information (I think), and when I go to TomTom device to setup the Home address it goes to Canada. When I looked around on the device, all I noticed was North American and Gaum map.

How can I get the European map as the default install? I do believe that TomTom gives a one time update and would like the European map.

How do I get this to work and setup for home location in Germany?

Thank you in advance.

K

It sounds like you have purchased a device intended for the North American market rather than European, I would contact the seller and either arrange for a refund or replacement, you won't get a European map from TomTom unless you purchase it outright.

To purchase the Germany map (which includes Austria and Switzerland) costs 44:95 Euros, for the full Western Europe map it will cost you 59:95 Euros - Mike

Ask a Question