720 HANGS ploting routes in SW FL

I live in SW Forida, my 720 hangs shuts off and retarts when I try to plot routes to/from many places in SW Florida. Tomtom support has sent me a new application and new map to download, it does not fix the problem. Now I can not get a response from tomtom support. It has been more than a week since I have heard from tomtom support?

Any one else with a like problems?

Specificly it fails from anywhere near Cape Coral BLVD Cape Coral, FL to/from city center Immokalee or Lehigh Acres or Ave Maria, FL

Your card might have some bad sectors. Try reformatting your card or use a different one. Dont forget to backup your card first. If that doesnt help, try hard resetting (also known as pin reset) your device.

Interestingly enough, my wife's TT One XL has the same issue. I have one also, (TT One) which works fine. I purchased hers from Radio Shack, mine I got online.

I have had the problem with two different units from RS. I am waiting for another one to come in. It would get about 3/4 through a route plan, then reset. It usually happened after trying to save 3-4 addresses. This happened while planning routes in Fort Myers and Bonita Springs. I don't recall if I tried any routes out of the area on her unit or not.

Hmmmm!

Scott

I live in SW Forida, my 720 hangs shuts off and retarts when I try to plot routes to/from many places in SW Florida. Tomtom support has sent me a new application and new map to download, it does not fix the problem. Now I can not get a response from tomtom support. It has been more than a week since I have heard from tomtom support?

Any one else with a like problems?

Specificly it fails from anywhere near Cape Coral BLVD Cape Coral, FL to/from city center Immokalee or Lehigh Acres or Ave Maria, FL

This is a known map issue that is being worked on. Do not mess with anything on your TT. Will be fixed with an update. Hope this helps!

Curious why mine is fine, but 2 units I purchased from RS had the problems. I figured it was a bad production run that got delivered.

Scott

Ask a Question