720 & handsfree

I have a 720 and Nokia 6085. They pair. I can make a handsfree call. I can hear the person on the other end, but they cannot hear me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I think it's just the way it is... my BlackBerry 8330 can pair, and I can hear the other end... but no one can hear me AT ALL... I even left myself a voicemail... and nothing... even yelling, it couldn't pick up my voice... but when I use the voice recognition it hears me just fine.

On a side note... after pairing with my berry, my RDS/TMC traffic quit working... the TT figured I wanted to use bluetooth data for traffic... had to do a pin reset to get it to work again.

I think it's just the way it is... my BlackBerry 8330 can pair, and I can hear the other end... but no one can hear me AT ALL... I even left myself a voicemail... and nothing... even yelling, it couldn't pick up my voice... but when I use the voice recognition it hears me just fine.

On a side note... after pairing with my berry, my RDS/TMC traffic quit working... the TT figured I wanted to use bluetooth data for traffic... had to do a pin reset to get it to work again.

I am surprised you had a problem with your traffic receiver while paired with your Blackberry. In the brief time I used my receiver (it expired and I changed over to bluetooth Traffic), I used both without any problems on my 920. Possibly your 720 just needed a reset - which seems to be an everyday problem with TomTom devices in general.

As for hearing while using hands free - yes it is due to poor quality of TT built in Mic. I use a hands free headset with my BB 8120, so it gets around that problem.

As to why I am paired hands-free with the TT and use hands free BB headset at the same time - no choice, as it has to be paired to use Plus Services traffic.

However, that will not work with most Nokia's as it will not pair if you have another hands free connection active...

Last edited:

Ask a Question